Markham Imaging believes that everyone should be treated fairly with dignity and respect, and valued for their differences which contribute to a healthy and diverse culture. Our values are fundamental to the way we do business and we will continue to develop and incorporate accessibility into our daily activities.
We are committed to providing accessibility to all of our patients and customers, and we will ensure our services are provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
We will communicate with persons with disabilities in a way that take into account their disability.
We will ensure that our team is familiar with assistive devices that may be used by persons with disabilities while accessing our goods and services.
Use of Animals and Support Persons
Service Animals – Patients with disabilities are welcome to bring in their service animal with them. Every effort will be made to accommodate the service animal and respect the relationship he/she has with the animal. Patients who require service animals may need to provide documentation of this requirement from an accepted regulated health professional as outlined in the AODA.
- Support Person – Patients with disabilities are welcome to bring in a support person and they may have access to that support person at all times. Markham Imaging may require a person with a disability to be accompanied by a support person while on our premises in situations where it is necessary to protect the health and safety of the person with a disability or the health and safety of others including our staff, when dealing with a person with a disability.
Details of staff training are available on site upon request. The training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Our plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device, require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing our services
Appropriate diagnosis of a patient with disability
As there are various imaging modalities that may be used to arrive at a diagnosis, and whereas Markham Imaging would like to ensure for the safety of a patient with a disability that the correct diagnosis is reached, Markham Imaging may recommend alternative imaging formats that are only accessible at a hospital. This alternative imaging recommendation is provided on a professional basis and is strictly in the best interest of the patient and is done to ensure that the patient receives the appropriate medical care.
All persons with disabilities are encouraged to give feedback to the clinic manager.
This feedback will be documented and placed in the policy manual. This feedback will be available for review by the public upon request.
Any feedback given will be addressed within one month and an attempt made to rectify any deficiency to the best ability of Markham Imaging Consultants.
Patients who wish to provide feedback may do so in person, in writing to our offices in Markham or Stouffville or on our website. We will acknowledge all feedback and any steps taken in response to the feedback.
Availability of Documents
Our Accessibility policy and related materials is available to the public on request.
Markham Imaging Consultants recognizes and promotes accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities. If you have any concern about accessibility please inform the clinic staff. Thank you.